Edwin Hume is a Principal at Duffy & Simon and has been an active member of the Pakenham community for many years.
- Bachelor of Laws (1975), University of Melbourne
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria (1976)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of Australia (1976)
Areas of Law
- Commercial, Joint Venture and Property Developments
- Estate Planning, Succession and Superannuation
- Sales and Acquisitions
- Local Government
- Retirement Village and Aged Care
- Law Institute of Victoria (1976)
- Financial Planning Association (2005)
- Self Managed Super Fund Professionals’ Association of Australia (S.P.A.A.) (2007)
Throughout his 45 year legal career, Edwin has focused on commercial law, property law and subdivisions, probates and Estate Planning, with a comprehensive knowledge in and understanding of conveyancing, local government, retirement villages and aged care matters.
Edwin’s unique background as the first Mayor of the Cardinia Shire and former Councillor of the Cardinia and Pakenham Shires, has given him the advantage of explicit local knowledge that he applies to assist his clients with subdivision applications, land acquisitions, planning and environmental issues and property developments.
As an accomplished commercial lawyer, Edwin has extensive experience in property subdivisions, direct and indirect taxation consequences and business planning. Edwin is an effective communicator, who believes in hard work to achieve the best outcome for his clients.
With a focus on family and community, Edwin is proud of his long association within the local community, his involvement with local sporting clubs and being the Chairman and Board Member of Outlook Inc – a not-for-profit organisation catering for the needs of the disadvantaged for the past 20 years.