TAC Motor Vehicle Compensation

If you have been injured or are the dependent of someone who has been killed as a result of a motor vehicle accident, we encourage you to consult with one of our expert litigation lawyers as soon as possible for your best outcome.

Duffy & Simon’s experienced TAC lawyers are driven to maximise your compensation claims and will be stepping you through each process of the claim. We will conduct an in-depth assessment that reviews your work pay arrangements, arising medical expenses, possible home improvements and where necessary, childcare requirements.

  • Weekly Income Payments
  • Medical and Like Expenses
  • Lump Sum Compensation
  • Damages where another person was at fault (a Common Law Claim)

Our expert lawyers have successfully helped countless individuals with TAC inquiries. Call us to book an appointment for a free interview on 03 5941 1622.

TAC Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Claim

Enquiry Form

Get advice from a Litigation & Dispute Resolution Lawyer

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Frequently Asked Questions

Injured in a Car Accident - What to Do?

If you have been injured as a result of a car accident, it is important to understand your legal rights and entitlements.

Once you have lodged a claim with TAC and have been issued a claim number, Duffy & Simon will provide you with advice on your rights to compensation for:

  • Loss of income whilst you cannot work;
  • Medical and like expenses you incur in healing;
  • Lump sum compensation; and
  • Ongoing pain and suffering and loss of earnings

It is important to review the decisions made by the TAC to ensure that you are getting what you are entitled to receive. Often, the TAC is not fully aware of your circumstances, and this can impact on the decision that they make.

What are Common Law Damages?

Where you have been injured because of an act or omission of another person or entity, you may be able to bring a claim against that person for loss of earnings or pain and suffering damages.

It will depend not only on the circumstances that caused the injury, but also the type of injury involved. It is important to understand your rights when you have been injured, and the steps involved in seeking to be compensated for any damage you may have suffered.

Duffy & Simon can assess your claim, and provide you with easy to understand advice on your rights arising from your injury.

Lump Sum Compensation

Depending on your injury, if you have been injured as a result of a car accident you may be entitled to a lump sum amount of compensation, regardless of the cause of the accident.

There are strict time limits that apply to making a lump sum compensation claim, and you should seek advice as soon as possible to ensure that any claim you have is not lost.

Duffy & Simon will assist you in understanding your rights to a lump sum amount of compensation, and provide you with easy to understand advice on your rights arising from your injury.

Reviewing a Decision of the TAC

It is possible to review a decision made by the TAC, whether it relates to a denial of a service such as child care, or concern that weekly compensation has been incorrectly calculated.

Like all government institutions, it is possible to question and ultimately overturn a decision made by the TAC.

In the past, we have assisted clients to access child care arrangements, overturn decisions denying liability for injuries and increased weekly payments of compensation for loss of earnings.

Duffy & Simon will review the decision and your concerns, and provide easy to understand advice as to the likely chance of overturning that decision. We will guide you through the process of having the decision reviewed and challenging the decision on your behalf.