With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and the strict Government regulations that have been enforced, thousands of businesses are having to close their doors or being faced with potential closure.
Due to the extraordinary and fluid nature of these changes, business owners are asking what legal rights they have toward their employees.
Common legal issues that may arise:
- employment issues such as pay, leave entitlements and dismissals
- financial hardship for individuals, families and businesses due to loss of income. This might mean being unable to pay bills or fines on time
- disputes over refunds for cancelled events or travel plans
- Cancellation of contracts with suppliers, or suppliers cancelling contracts with your business
- Protocols that needs to be in place for the health and wellbeing of your employees, whether that be within the office or work-from-home.
Navigating your way through these issues can be quite overwhelming due to the nature of this crisis, and the uniqueness of your business. Duffy & Simon will ensure you are protecting your business from the foreseeable risks whilst navigating you through the complex business laws.
Please contact our office to arrange an appointment.